As SQL Server 2012 has reached RTM status on 07.03.2012, with scheduled General Availability starting from 01.04.2012 more and more training resources are available.
First of all, Microsoft prepared a big online event at SQL Server 2012 Virtual Launch. You can find a lot of information – mostly overviews and presentations – which give you a high-level insight into new features of SQL Server 2012.
If you want dive deeper into theory and get more details, try online courses at Microsoft Virtual Academy. 5 courses have been prepared covering different aspects of SQL Server:
- Breakthrough Insights using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – Analysis Services
- Breakthrough Insights using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – Scalable data warehouse
- Breakthrough Insights using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – Reporting Services
- Cloud on your terms with Microsoft SQL server 2012: Scale on demand
- Mission Critical Confidence using Microsoft SQL Server 2012
If you’re looking for some hands-on experience, e.g. try a single feature, you should visit SQL Server Virtual Labs. Apart from predefined scenarios you may use them for testing – I used them in my object whitespace-naming madness to create a number of databases with non-standard names.
And – last, but not least – there is always SQL Server 2012 RTM Evaluation available for download , which you may install in your environment and test it in all the ways you want.